Friday, June 22, 2012

....is Buffalo Chicken Meatballs & Tenders

The boys found it funny when I called these 'Buffalo Balls', so have a little giggle as you read the.... 

Ingredients for the Balls
4 Tbsp Butter
1/4 Cup Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce
1 lb Ground Chicken
1/2 Stalk Celery, Minced
1 Egg
3/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs

Dressing for the Balls
1 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar


Adapted from the Little Kitchen that Could
Preheat oven to 450. Melt butter in the microwave, whisk in Frank's after butter is melted. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place remaining Balls ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand, adding the RedHot Hot Sauce Butter mixture as well. Make sure the ingredients are combined throughout. Using a spoon, roll the Meatball mixture into 1-1/2 inch balls. Place Balls in rows on the parchment paper. Roast until firm and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Allow the Balls to cool for 5 minutes.

To make Dressing, combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.

For an extra kick, drizzle extra hot sauce onto meatballs. Serve with dressing and cucumbers (because I don't like Celery, but you could do that too, I guess).


I also made Buffalo Chicken Tenders, I used the same principle as these Chicken Tenders but I mixed Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce into the Egg to give them a little kick. Neither turned out as hot as I'd expected, which was good for the others eating with me, I continued to smothers mine in Frank's as I ate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...