Friday, August 31, 2012

....is a Pulled Pork Compilation


I recently received a wonderful gift when my dad returned from taking my little brother to college. Four Bottles of BBQ Sauce. I think they were apologizing for sending pictures of them eating BBQ and going to Baseball games without me. I got one of each style from Pappy's Smokehouse (Holly's Hot Sauce, Pappy's Original & Sweet Baby Jane) and one Night of the Living Bar-B-Que from Oklahoma Joe's.

Naturally I tried to put it to it's intended use and try my hand at Pulled Pork, first time ever. I did a little research and pulled the best of about 6 recipes on how to make a rub and how to cook it in a crock pot, here's what I came up with. I've got plans to improve it for next time but it was, as anything with Pappy's  Sauce, delicious.



The Rub:
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Cloves
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp White Pepper
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes


The Rest:
2 lbs Pork Loin Ribs
1 Red Onion
Olive Oil
Chicken Broth
Water

Place Onions with a little bit of Olive Oil into Crock Pot on Hi and let soften while you prepare the Meat. Rub Meat with Olive Oil & Spices.

Place Pork in cCrock Pot and mix with Onions, cover with 2 Cups of Chicken Broth then add Water until Meat and Onions are covered. Turn heat to Low and Slow Cook for 6-8 Hours.

Remove Pork, discard layer of fat as well as any water and grease remaining in pot.  Separate Onions and Sauté with a little left over Rub.  When pork is cool enough to handle, use a fork or your hands to shred and pull the meat apart.

Return the meat to the crock pot along with the Barbecue Sauce, just enough to coat the Meat & not so much that it's soupy. Heat for 1 to 2 hours. Serve on your favorite roll.

Thanks to the Food Network for letting me thieve bits and pieces of delicious recipes.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...