Friday, September 20, 2013

....is Pumpkinhead Doodles



It's here! It's here! I love Autumn, even though my city doesn't quite get a full Fall season it's probably still my favorite time of year. I love the colors on the trees, pumpkin spiced everything  and the chance to wear boots without melting. Today feels like Fall but it's supposed to be 80 here again on Monday. So, quickly before Summer comes back, let's pretend like it's really Fall and bake some deliciousness!

The Spiked Recipe Challenge was the perfect opportunity to use the Beeroness' Beer Brown Sugar Cookies with a Fall Beer twist. I upped the Cinnamon, used the Shipyard Pumpkinhead & rolled it in sugar & sprinkles to make it the Snickerdoodle I've been craving recently. (If you look close the sprinkles are leaf shaped! I love Fall.)


The cookies get tastier the longer they last! Just like the Ginger & Molasses Doodles, I think the flavor of the Beer and Cinnamon gets a little richer the second and third day (if they last that long). MMcK & I made a double batch to share and they went quickly!Happy Autumn & I hope you enjoy the Pumpkinhead Doodle.



¾ Cups Butter, Softened
1 ¼ Cups Brown Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
½ tsp Vanilla
1/3 cup Shipyard Pumpkinhead
2 ¼ cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Cornstarch
 ½ tsp Cinnamon

 

In the bowl combine the Butter and Brown Sugar. Add the Egg yolk and the Vanilla, beat until light and fluffy. Add the Beer, mix until smooth (it looks it's separating the Butter, Sugar & Eggs, it'll come back together) .


In a separate bowl, add both Flour (Use Bread Flour to make chewier cookies), Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Cornstarch and Cinnamon.
Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out balls of dough, roll in Sugar in the Raw & Sprinkles
Place the cookies in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes (this prevents them from spreading too much during baking).


Preheat oven to 350. Bake at for 8 to 10 minutes).
Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature (if you can resist).

Copy and Paste me Into your Post.



Happy Baking!

5 comments:

  1. I've been craving Snickerdoodles myself lately! These look really good, and I love the name! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your Carmel Apple Bars look amazing, I really don't think I would be able to share them. :)

      Delete
  2. I am a HUGE fan of Snickerdoodles and pumpkin... and good beer, so yes! I love everything about these cookies! ;)

    Good luck in the Spiked! Fall Beers Recipe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snickerdoodles are the best! I think it's the name? Or anything covered in cinnamon and sugar is automatically wonderful. Probably both. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    I'm hopping around checking out all the competition and I'm loving your recipe. Those look so tasty, and I love the little sprinkles - too cute! I pinned it for later.
    Good luck!
    ang

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...