Thursday, September 26, 2013

....is Spaghetti & Meatballs


CPB makes some wonderful Meatballs, we cooked them for his family in Memphis and didn't have any left! (The trick is in the Port Caramelized Onions, don't tell him I told you the trick.) Usually we don't have the patience to make the Spaghetti & Red Gravy  to go along with the Meatballs but we took the time this weekend to make the full dish. 

Red Gravy is what my family has always called Spaghetti Sauce (I should really find out why we do that), well believe it or not CPB's Italian grandmother taught call's it Red Gravy too! I knew I liked him. I put the basic sauce recipe I use below but there are plenty of ways to doctor it. Porchini Mushrooms come to mind, Vodka, Cream, lots of Parmesan.



2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Onion, Finley Diced
3 Cloves of Garlic
3-4 Tbsp Dry White Wine
1 Can of Plum Tomatoes (28 oz.)
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes (14 oz.)
1 Can of Tomato Sauce (8 oz.)
A Handful of Basil, Thinly Sliced
Salt & Pepper

Saute Onions in Olive Oil, when they are slightly translucent add the Garlic. Deglaze with a Dry White Wine (Sauvignon Blanc). Add Tomatoes and simmer for 30-40 minutes on low. Stir in Basil, Salt & Pepper. Serve over Spaghetti & Meatballs!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...