Wednesday, July 16, 2014

....is Spaghetti & Asparagus


Here's a summer pasta recipe that's quick and delicious. I poached my first egg almost a year ago and I keep finding new ways to use this culinary trick. I really enjoy it with pasta and in this case the poached egg yolk blends with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar to create a rich coating for the noodles. (I also love to top Pasta Carbonara with a poached egg, in case the bacon isn't rich enough.) I like my asparagus blanched so it retains just enough crunch and doesn't change to a sickly green color. Rather than use a second pot I drain the pasta directly over sliced asparagus and it cooks just the right amount. It's a simple meal that comes together in no time at all. 


Serves 4
12 oz spaghetti
1 bundle of asparagus, sliced vertically
4 eggs, poached
parmesan
olive oil
balsamic
salt & pepper

Cook pasta to al dente, ususally 1-2 minutes less than the packaging instructs. While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking, poach eggs and set aside. Place sliced asparagus into colander and drain pasta slowly over vegetable. Serve in bowls, top with a poached egg and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper.
Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...